I'm an experienced writer and editor looking for a job. Here is my resumé:
Susan A. Walden
3675 Rosehaven Place, Titusville, Fl 32796 * (321) 258-7827 * [email protected]
• Experienced, award-winning editor with 10 years in creating and developing content for print and website.
• Extensive background in working with freelance and in-house writers, evaluating story ideas, and writing and editing using AP style.
• Superb skills in headline writing, as well as every aspect of publication from idea inception and development to final product.
2010-present: Freelance Editor/Writer
• Edits and writes various articles and collateral for businesses and websites,
including blogs, researching web analytics and developing and implementing social media.
2005-2010: Owner/Publisher/Editor, North Brevard Beacon Newspaper, Titusville, Fl
• Wrote, edited and laid out community self-owned newspaper and website.
• Led 10 freelance writers to bring news, features, and all necessary information to the North Brevard County area.
• Developed content ideas, evaluated writers’ pitches and worked with the freelancers on story concepts and publication planning.
• Wrote, edited news, features and editorials using AP style.
• Responsible for all aspects of paper – from writing, editing and website content, publication layout and final distribution.
2001-2005: Internal Information Chief (Editor), 45th Space Wing Public Affairs, Patrick Air Force Base
• Led multi-faceted Internal Information program in Public Affairs at Patrick Air Force Base for the base and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (as a civilian).
• Wrote, edited newspaper using AP style, and worked with writers to develop content for newspaper and website.
• Worked with writers from story conception to final product. Wrote headlines, and laid out newspaper.
• Collaborated with the Public Affairs chief on publication and web content planning.
2000-2001: Editor of Custom Publishing, Pensacola News Journal, Pensacola, FL
• Wrote and edited weekly advertorial sections in daily newspaper.
• Worked with writers and department managers to plan and develop sections.
Bachelor of Applied Science in Communications, University of Louisville.
Experience in Adobe InDesign, InCopy, Quark and PhotoShop.
Here is a sample of my writing in the newspaper I owned.
Here is an article followed by the Training Journal Magazine in which I was co-editor and won the Department of Defense's top journalism award for best magazine (Thomas Jefferson Award).
Here's an example of my sales writing style.
This shows my ability to write anything, even humorous commentaries.
This commentary was the talk of the town. So many people came up to me and laughed about it. On a serious note, this made McDonalds do business differently in our town. Needless to say, I always get extra lemon slices now with my iced tea.